Speaking of nutrients, while all are important right now, the best foods for pregnancy are high in vitamins and minerals that play a key role in supporting your baby’s growth and development, including:
- Folic acid. Getting at least 600 micrograms per day during pregnancy reduces the risk for neural tube defects.
- Iron. You need nearly twice as much iron during pregnancy, or 27 milligrams daily. The mineral is used to make more blood that carries oxygen to your baby.
- Calcium. Aim for 1,000 milligrams daily. Calcium is key to help your baby build strong bones, teeth, muscles and nerves.
- Vitamin D. It helps calcium do its job and keeps your immune system strong. You should get 600 IU daily.
- DHA. An omega-3 fatty acid, DHA plays a role in your baby’s brain and eye development. You need 200 to 300 milligrams per day.
- Iodine. The mineral promotes your baby’s brain and nervous system development. You should get 290 micrograms daily.
Pregnancy is a moment of joy for mothers and family members. While adding another part in the course of their lives, women may experience nervousness and have various queries related to it. Both prenatal (before birth) and postpartum (after birth) is essential to focus on to have an expected childbirth experience.
It includes different procedures and counselling session that ensures a stage, delivery duration and labour for mom. Every single step should be examined carefully to prevent any harm for mom and kid.
Why is prenatal care important?
Prenatal care is ideal for both mother and her child’s health. It reduces the risk of any infection and increases the chances of getting a safe and healthy childbirth. It generally begins 3 months before the mother starts to conceive. Regular visits can help to monitor the stages and evaluate the medical issues before they get dangerous.
It also reduces the chances of giving a birth to a child at a low weight. Babies having a low birth weight are more likely to suffer from many problems than those who have taken a early care.
What are some good habits to follow during childbirth?
Consider keeping the necessities and daily routine practices on the to-do list to avoid severe problems during pregnancy. Following some positive custom can make a huge difference. A few of them are as follows:
- Avoid smoking and consumption of drugs & alcohol.
- Discuss the medical supplements, eating habits and antibiotics with the doctor.
- Do not take toxic elements and chemicals on your own at home or work.
- Eat nutritious diet for a good nourishment of a baby.
Things to perform during pregnancy
Once a woman is pregnant, then immediately she needs to book an appointment with the experienced gynaecologist and obstetrician. A doctor will first examine and ask the past medical history for better understanding. An ultrasound test is done to measure the stage of pregnancy and according to it, the expert will recommend the procedures.
Make sure to visit the doctor throughout the entire journey of childbirth. The schedule of visits with the doctor may involve:
- In first 6 months: One visit every month
- In 7 & 8 months: Every two weeks
- In 9 month: every week
The doctor will ensure to check the growth and health of mom and a baby during these visits. It may include the following tests and investigation:
- Take blood tests, anaemia, HIV and check the blood type.
- Examine the blood pressure and provide a genuine report.
- Monitor the gained weight.
- Measure the child’s growth and heart rate.
- Inform the exercises and food to follow on a daily basis.
If a woman is pregnant at an old age then she requires to visit the doctor more often because they generally considered as the high-risk pregnancies.
Where to get the right help?
There are many hospitals in India where treatment of pregnancy is available with the fully equipped operation premises and well trained medical practitioners. Specialized doctors provide the best care before and after the stage of childbirth to the mothers and babies. In an additional, the first time pregnancies have given a personalized care and special attention.
Get the proper counselling session which informs the basic skills and practices to have a joyful pregnancy experience.