How To Do Plank Exercise
The plank exercise helps your spine to improve strength and other upper body parts like shoulder, and your abdominal muscles, which are naturally in a strong posture as they increase in strength. Plank exercise can also help reduce the likelihood of spine problems, planks are a great way to work out the lower half of your body.
Kx pilates dee why is a combination of traditional Pilates with the strengthening and toning aspects of circuit training.
How to Do It?
- Choose a place where you can increase the length of your entire body. With the help of an exercise, the mat will give you enough padding to be comfortable on all fours.
- Start in the plank position, facing the floor with your forearms and toes. Your elbows are directly under your shoulders and your forearms are forward. Your head is relaxed and you should look at the floor.
- Engage your abdominal muscles, pull your navel towards your spine. Keep your torso upright and rigid and keep your body in a straight line from ear to foot with no sag or bending. This is the position of the neutral spine.
- Make sure your shoulders are down, not your ears. Your heel should be above the balls of your feet.
- Hold this position for 5-10 seconds and release it to the floor.
- Increase your time count gradually to 45-60 seconds.
A Pank exercise can be done in the simplest form for reaping the same benefits as to all other forms. There are many variations of the plank that further work the core muscles to build strength and stability. Also, if you are a beginner there are ways to modify it.
Below are some of the variations that can be included within your plank workout routine :
- Standard plank
- Forearm plank
- Knee plank
- Side plank
You should not do planking if you have a shoulder injury. If you feel shoulder pain, don’t continue the exercise until you take proper precaution or expert advice.
Plank Exercise Benefits
Planking is an excellent abdominal and basic exercise. It not only acts as rectus abdominis but also other abs muscles and core muscles, which run from the pelvis as well as the spine to the shoulder.
Regular Plank exercises are good to ensure that you keep your core strong and stable.
Core strength is the basis of all coordinated and powerful athletic movements. Better strength and a strong core can reduce stress on the joints and allow you to achieve better posture. Planking exercises can be used as a basis to strengthen your core muscle.
Planking Everyday For a Month
As a beginner, it is suggestible to start plank exercise by doing it every day for a month and feel by yourself to include this exercise into your regular workout regime.
Considering the benefits of the plank exercise, there is no other idea why you should practice this exercise every day.
- Improve Strengthens to Core
- Increases Muscle Definition and Power
- Improves Metabolism
- Help to Reduce Back Pain
- Helps in better Body Posture
- Improves Balance
- Enhances Bone and Joint Strength
- Helps in Relieving Stress
Plank Exercise: How Long
Plank is one of those exercises that make its way into almost any core workout. And when done correctly, plank exercises not only fire your core, but also the muscles of your shoulders and legs. Also, planks can help you build strength and endurance for runners and marathoners – important for making miles injury-free.
How Long Should a Beginner Hold a Plank?
The plank exercise is all about quality and It is not necessary to keep planks for long durations. In a plank position, it can be difficult for someone to hold a plank for more than 20 seconds – and a maximum in a minute. It is advisable to do a set of 20 seconds at a time.
Plank exercises have many benefits to your body and you need to practice it. While this may not always be easy, it is sure to provide you with health benefits that can last you a lifetime. Read more the benefits of planking during night.